Thursday, December 20, 2012

Twelve Books for Christmas: Book Eleven (INT)

Please welcome Heidi Acosta, author of Barbie Girl!

Here is where you can find Heidi and the book: 











Book Blurb: 
The only thing that 17 year old Barbie Starr wants to do is graduate high school so she and her little brother, Everett, can get out of Alabama. She doesn’t care about the rumors that are spread around about her like wild fire. Rumors are nothing new to her. Sure, maybe she could change her reputation, but why bother. She is leaving Alabama as soon as she can. That is, if she can pass algebra and graduate.

The only thing Dylan Knight would like to do is go through high school unnoticed; he has had enough of the drama that is high school. He took the whole of last summer to bulk-up: finally he is not being called names or being shoved into lockers. He wants to remain on the outside of the circle of constant rumors that surround the so-called popular kids who get all the attention. He would not, however, mind if his long time crush Katie took notice of him. 

But it is Barbie who notices Dylan and she offers him a deal he can’t pass up: if he helps her pass algebra, she’ll help him get the girl of his dreams. Dylan agrees, but, as it turns out, nothing is simple when it comes to Barbie. Somehow, she can’t help but draw attention to herself — and to him. Soon Dylan finds himself tossed into the whirlwind of rumors that seem to follow Barbie everywhere. Can he save his reputation and still get the girl of his dreams? Or will Barbie be the one to break through his carefully-built facade?

Author Interview: 
Konstanz: Please tell us a little bit about yourself. 

Heidi: I am a Mother, wife, the oldest sister of three younger brothers and one sister. I am a good listener and problem solver. I love chocolate, reading, going to the beach, shopping for sparkly shoes, and oversize purses. I love to watch funny movies, my current favorite one is Elf.

Konstanz: What inspired you to write?

Heidi: I have always written ever since I could spell. Instead of keeping a journal when I was younger, which I found rather boring repeating my day’s events, I wrote short stories instead.

Konstanz: What advice can you give to aspiring authors?

Heidi: I have three rules that I follow when writing that I picked up from other Authors along the way. One, to just WRITE even if it is not your best work, keep writing! Barbie was a character from another novel I was working on and she inspired a whole new story. So keep writing you never know what will blossom from the rubble. Two, to write for yourself, and only yourself this is my most important piece of advice, because when I start to write for someone else, it is never as good as when I write for myself. And three, write what scares you a little bit.

Konstanz: Tell us three of your favorite things about winter. 

Heidi: Snow, boots, and Christmas lights

Konstanz: How long did it take to write your debut novel? 

Heidi: I began at the end of July and had it finished in September.

Konstanz: Would you change anything if you had to start over with writing the novel?

Heidi: No, because I learned so much about myself when I wrote Barbie Girl. Every experience good or bad was a learning experience for me.

And now. . the giveaway! 

Heidi is giving away ELEVEN E-copies of Barbie Girl!  (INT)


How to win: 

So. . .you know those links at the beginning of the post?  Well here is where those come in handy.  
To enter, go click on at least one of those links.   "Like" her Author page on Facebeook, Add her books to your Goodreads "TBR" list, "Like" her book on Amazon.  It doesn't matter what you do as long as you do one of those things.  

Then simply fill out the form below and you're entered! 

**Bonus points**
Tell your friends about this awesome giveaway! 

 Tweet about it (Tag me, @KonstanzS). 2pts
Share on Facebook. 2pts
Share on Google+. 2pts
Blog about it. 10pts


And now, HOP along to the other participating blogs!

(Twelve authors on every blog so make sure to check out each blog each day!)






2 comments:

  1. can my blog be a stop in this blog hop?
    imagination_station@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually today was the last day of the hop. If you are still interested next year, look out for updates on the event for 2013 and I would LOVE to have some help!

      Delete